Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ten On Tuesdays: Ten Movie Characters I'd Like To Meet In Real Life

Mary Poppins from Mary Poppins, played by Julie Andrews
Being around someone who's practically perfect in every way could make you feel a bit inferior at times, but her cheery disposition would brighten even the gloomiest day. The woman makes drawings come to life and has an out of this world vocal range. She's automatically on the guest list for any party that I'm throwing.

Amélie Poulain from Amélie, played by Audrey Tautou
Has there ever been a sweeter character in cinema who was also bright and this fully rounded as a protagnoist? Her presence makes me smile all the time because her heart never fails to be in the right place. Ideal for riding bikes together along the lakefront.

Morphehus from The Matrix, played by Laurence Fishburne
The guy has so much knowledge, I'd become immediately smarter after just spending a day with him. Morpheus will always keep it real with you, and when he gives you advice on how to become a better person, or leader, dammit, you better take notes.

Cosmo Brown from Singin' In The Rain, played by Donald O'Connor
Cosmo was an incredibly gifted singer and dancer, but he was always loyal too. He had Don Lockwood's back every step of the way. And he'd always try to keep you laughing, which the world could use a little bit more of.

Marge Gunderson from Fargo, played by Frances McDormand
It would be fun just to listen to her talk, and not because of the accent. Marge always had a charming and unique way of getting things across (so many quotable lines, but I'll just go with "So I take it that was your accomplice in the woodchipper?"). You know that Marge would always be honest with you while making you laugh at the same time.

Walter Burns from His Girl Friday, played by Cary Grant
When I think of rapid fire wit, I immediately think of Walter Burns. Imagine Lorelai Gilmore with a lot more testosterone and without all the pop culture references. Walter seemingly had a funny rebuttal for just about everything that came his way. He would up my comeback game by about 25%.

Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction, played by Uma Thurman
When she's not sniffing coke and stealing trophies, Mia Wallace would be a blast to hang out with, if only for the conversation. I imagine a very profound discussion on everything from 60's pop music to relationships. I'd make sure we went out for coffee at least once a week.

Juno MacGuff from Juno, played by Ellen Page
Whenever I felt like being a homebody, I'd call up Juno so we can watch movies and listen to music. I don't lend CDs out to any of my real friends, but I would let Juno borrow one. I respect her taste and anyone who owns a hamburger phone is someone I'd want to meet.

Eddie from Barbershop, played by Cedric The Entertainer
Eddie's mouth is constantly a trainwreck waiting to happen, which is why he'd be awesome in real life. You may not always agree with what he says, but you can guarantee that it will be entertaining. Plus, he's pretty logical for the most part, so you can't stay too pissed at him for long.

Woody from Toy Story 1 & 2, voiced by Tom Hanks
This is the inner child in me speaking, but man, who wouldn't want a talking toy for a friend? Especially one this funny. Knowing me, I'd probably just use him for therapy and talk to him about all my problems. I mean, who's he gonna tell, right?

Agree? Disagree? Have some of your own? Talk about them in the comments section if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment